Guardianships & Conservatorships

Guardianships & Conservatorships

The Probate Court has the authority to grant guardianships and conservatorships for minors and incapacitated adults. Guardianships allow someone to be in charge of another person while conservatorships allow someone to be in charge of another person’s property. There are both permanent and temporary guardianships and conservatorships. A person might need to obtain guardianship and conservatorship over a disabled parent who is suffering from Alzheimer’s, or dementia, for example. A common situation in which temporary guardianship would be appropriate would be in the event that a parent cannot take care of his or her child due to illness or incarceration. Guardianships like these expire as a matter of law after two years from the date that they are granted.

Whether you need to obtain a temporary or permanent guardianship or conservatorship, the team at Edwards, McLeod & Money, P.C. can help you through the process from start to finish.

For a consultation, give us a call at +1 770-949-7300

Practice Areas

Family Law
Criminal Defense

Juvenile Law

Probate Law

Contact Us