Criminal Defense


If you have been arrested for a crime then you need an experienced criminal defense attorney to properly assess your circumstances as well as your exposure to the consequences if you’re convicted.

People charged with crimes typically contact an attorney for help only after they have spoken openly and honestly to law enforcement. Only on the rarest of occasions does law enforcement fail to properly advise those arrested that they have “the right to remain silent.”

Unfortunately, because accused people don’t exercise their right to remain silent and simply ask for a lawyer and shut their mouths, the statements they make almost always make the criminal defense attorney’s job much more difficult.

DO NOT LIE TO LAW ENFORCEMENT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES – EVEN ABOUT THE SMALLEST ISSUE. Simply inform law enforcement that you would prefer to have an attorney before speaking to them ABOUT ANYTHING.

This is very important because, as a matter of law, officers can use “artifice, device, and trickery” to get people to talk to them about their investigations. They can tell you that they are not investigating you, your momma, your brother, your daddy, etc., to simply get you to talk. You, on the other hand, cannot use “artifice, device, and trickery.” If you do, then you can be charged with additional crimes like “Obstruction of Justice.”

You don’t have to lie. You simply have to exercise your right to be silent AND ASK FOR A LAWYER!

We can help ensure that your rights are preserved and that you are given all the protections the law allows.

Get In Touch With Us

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute legal advice. Whatever your family law needs, we are here to help. Contact our law firm today by filling out the form below:

We Respect Your Privacy. Privacy Policy


We welcome the opportunity to earn your business and assist you to the fullest extent that the law allows. We firmly believe that once you become a client of ours you will continue to come back to us for all your legal needs.

For a consultation, give us a call at +770-949-7300


Whether you need a jury trial or need help entering a plea or a DUI court program, we can help you




Edwards, McLeod, & Money has tried and won cases involving less than an ounce of marijuana.






Edwards, McLeod, & Money can help
you with a traffic citation.

Contact Us